Friday, March 18, 2005

Rohak

Whip led me into the village of Aurillia, past smouldering, ruined buildings, the wreckage of all manners of structures. I sensed fear and anguish all around. The voices I heard all around me were filled with dispair. Horror had been visited on Aurillia, and its touch still lingered.

To the center of the village we walked, until we reached what appeared to be a central meeting area. An elderly man stood speaking to a soldier dressed in battle-worn armor. Whip approached the older man and said a few words, then beckoned me over.

"This is Rohak," Whip said, "He is the Elder of Aurillia."

I bowed my head. "I am honored," I said.

"Whip tells me that you survived a Sith attack," Rohak said. His voice crackled with age.

I nodded, then briefly recounted my tale of meeting the mysterious old man, and the subsequent Sith ambush. I showed Rohak the crystal that the old man had given me. He examined it silently, then looked at the soldier next to him with a raised eyebrow.

"This is Captain Sarguillo," Rohak said finally. "He will show you to a place where you can rest. You've had a long journey, I'm sure you're tired. Rest, and we will speak again later."

With that, Rohak nodded to the soldier Captain Sarguillo, then turned and headed off into the village.

The Captain brought me to a small hut at the edge of the meeting area. There was a small cot inside. He motioned to it, then departed, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I did not think I was very tired at first, as I had only journeyed a few kilometers from my camp that day. Nevertheless, after a few minutes I felt the weariness of the whole journey on Dathomir wearing on me, and I dozed off into sleepy blackness.

Sometime after the fall of night, I was awakened by Whip and led to see Rohak once more.

For the next several hours, I learned the story of Aurillia.

No comments: